To celebrate the innovative spectrum of Utah’s craft beer community through a theme of collaboration, 32 breweries will showcase their one-of-a-kind beers at the Utah Brewers Guild Collab Fest. Guild members will team up with other brewers across the state and let their imaginations run wild. Brewery collaborations for the festival will emphasize each brewer’s distinct brewing methods while highlighting the cooperative nature of the Utah craft beer scene.
This year’s Utah Brewers Guild fundraiser will feature at least 16 collaborations. This is a brew fest designed and delivered by craft brewers for everyone, offering the opportunity for brewers to showcase their craft beer to the community through samples and education about the collaboration beers and new and classic beers from each brewer. The brewers themselves will set up together in one large tent providing brewery favorites to each guest. Collab Fest will be held at the McCarthey Plaza in downtown Salt Lake City on September 17, 2-7 p.m.
“Collaborative beers showcase craft and creativity; two breweries getting together to experiment and share techniques. Rarely do you get a chance to try so many creative brewed collaborations under one big tent,” says Teri Mumm, Utah Brewers Guild. “Chances are the collab brew kegs won’t outlast the festival.”
Collaboration Fest 2022 will feature the following collaboration brews:
● Kiitos Brewing Co. & Grid City Beer Works: Deconstructed Barrel Rye Ale with Rye whiskey barrels
● Apex Brewing & SaltFire Brewing Company: War Pig Cascadian Dark Ale
● Moab Brewery & Proper Brewing Co.: Mo’Cold IPA
● Epic Brewing Company & TF Brewing Co.: Protect Yo Necta Hoppy Pilsner
● Prodigy Brewing & UTOG Brewing Company: Hip Hop Lemon Drop Shandy IPA
● Strap Tank Brewery & Hopkins Brewing Company: Hop Tank Lichtenhainer
● Roosters Brewing Co. & Fisher Brewing Company: Melon Days Watermelon Ale
● Park City Brewing & Level Crossing Brewing Company: It’s Always Sour in Philadelphia Sour IPA
● Heber Valley Brewing Company & Vernal Brewing Company: HWY 40 Smoked Dunkel
● Bewilder Brewing Co. & Bohemian Brewery: Goldy McBiscuits UK Golden Lager
● Uinta Brewing & Offset Bier Co.: What the Helles you Smoking?
● Desert Edge Brewery & RoHa Brewing Project: RoHave Desert Helles
● Zion Brewery & Silver Reef Brewing Co.: Peach Sour Ale
● Salt Flats Brewing Co. & Hoppers Brewing Co.: Stone Kite Pale Ale
● Wasatch Brewery & Helper Beer: Cold Rhythm IPA
● Squatters & Ogden River Brewing: Speed Bump Citra Pale Ale