Nuzzles & Co. Pet Rescue and Adoption is helping pet owners through COVID-19 by giving out free pet food, thanks to the generosity of the Jason Heigl Foundation. “Unfortunately COVID cases still remain high, and many Utah’s still need help feeding their pets.” said Cathy Green, Development Director for Nuzzles & Co. “These dogs and cats are extremely important to families – our pantry staff hear stories from grateful pet owners as they drive up to receive pet food and cat litter. We will continue to help the community as long as we can!”
Nuzzles & Co. is helping provide food to pet owners who have lost jobs, been laid off, or furloughed due to COVID-19. We offer drive-through Pop-Up Pet Pantries for underserved communities like Magna and Rose Park. We want to keep families and their pets together.
“Look for the Nuzzles & Co. van in Smith’s parking lots for Pop-Up Pet Pantries in Magna City, and the Rose Park area”, said Lindsay Ortega, Operations Director at Nuzzles & Co. “It’s safe, and we want to help if you need the assistance due to COVID-19 layoffs or unemployment.
Thanks to the Jason Heigl Foundation and community donations during the months of April – July 2020, we have distributed:
9,590 pounds of dog food, 3,113 pounds of cat food, and 8,112+ pounds of cat litter.
Pet owners have been impacted by COVID-19, and this fits into our life-saving mission of keeping animals with their families, and out of Utah shelters where they may face euthenasia.
Find us every Tuesday from 4:00-7:00 throughout August 2020:
MAGNA- August 4 & 18: Smith’s Marketplace (parking lot) at 8055 W 3500 S, Magna, UT ROSE PARK- August 11 & 25: Smith’s Marketplace (parking lot) at 1174 W 600 N, Salt Lake City, UT
Pop-Up Pantry Guidelines & Reminders:
- We can only give enough food and litter for one household per car.
- Stay in your car and a line will form in the parking lot.
- We will support feral cat colonies in the last hour of each pantry, do not show up before 6 PM for colony support.
- We will be in PPE, and require that you also wear a face covering and practice social distancing with us to keep our staff and volunteers safe.
- Lastly, please be patient with us as we work to provide the appropriate supplies for everyone in need.
- You can help support our pantries with donation drop-offs of supplies at any of the pantry locations, or at our Rescue Ranch.