Snowbasin Resort is pleased to welcome guests back for safe summer fun in the mountains on Saturdays and Sundays, beginning June 27th. With enhanced safety measures in place, Snowbasin will offer scenic gondola rides, lift-served mountain biking and hiking, mini golf, yoga, shopping and outdoor food service at Needles Lodge.
General Manager Davy Ratchford explains, “We’re excited to welcome guests to Snowbasin this Summer. While our mountain is great for anyone looking for scenic weekend recreation, guests should expect enhanced safety measures while visiting the resort. There is plenty of room to enjoy this fabulous outdoor environment for the
many who have been clamoring to visit Snowbasin; we will continue summer operations so long as we can do so in a safe and responsible manner.”
Snowbasin’s summer operations will include the following:
- Needles Gondola Service: For scenic rides, hiking or mountain biking, Needles Gondola will operate on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with enhanced sanitation in place. Snowbasin Premier Season Pass Holders receive free access and lift tickets will soon be available to purchase online for the general public.
- Mini Golf: Available on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Groups of guests are limited to 6 people and a time gap is required between each group. Tickets cost
$10 per adult and $7 for kids 12 and under.
- Mountain-Top Yoga: Available on Saturdays at 9:00 a.m. featuring a gondola ride to Needles Lodge for a one-hour yoga session on the patio with required spacing between guests. Tickets cost $25 and must be purchased online in advance. Space will be limited to 20 participants due to new safety and health measures.
- Mountain-Top Outdoor Dining: Barbecue service will be available on the Needles Lodge Patio, with a Saturday and Sunday special from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Hamburgers, vegetarian burgers and hot dogs will be offered with chips. Canned soda and beer will also be available for purchase.
- Grizzly Center Shopping: The Grizzly Center will be open on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for Snowbasin apparel, souvenirs and outerwear available. Bike and helmet rentals will not be offered this summer.
We highly recommend purchasing all activities and tickets online in advance. Transactions at the resort must be with a credit, debit card or season-pass. Cash will not be accepted. Tickets go on sale late June at snowbasin.com.
The guest experience and offerings will be monitored closely during operations. A closing date has not yet been determined and will be based on demand. The Blues, Brews and BBQ concert series, Movies on the Mountain and Mountain-Top Brunch will be canceled until further notice. Snowbasin is still evaluating the Mt. Ogden Mid-Week Mountain Bike Series with the possibility of an abbreviated season later this summer. Information on other planned events, such as the popular SnowWiesn Oktoberfest, will follow as further guidance on group gathering becomes available.
Snowbasin is committed to maintaining operations responsibly and has developed safety policies in response to COVID-19, based on guidance from the CDC, Weber/Morgan Health Departments and the State of Utah. Adjustments to operations may occur based on guidance from governmental authorities. For further details on health and safety measures at Snowbasin, please visit www.snowbasin.com/health- and-safety.
Premier Season Pass Holders receive summer gondola access for sightseeing, hiking and mountain biking. In May, Snowbasin announced a new ‘Pass Protection Plan’ to cover guests from a resort closure, pregnancy, season-ending injury or other outlined events. With the extension of their spring season pass sale, guests now have until June 30th to save with the lowest price of the year. A payment plan is available to spread the cost into three easy payments.
To purchase tickets and passes or for more information, visit snowbasin.com or call (801) 620-1000.