Dreamscapes—Salt Lake City’s Immersive Art Experience—will reopen on June 4, 2020 with five new art installations and numerous upgrades throughout the exhibit space. CDC and state guidelines have been implemented to ensure the safety of guests and staff. Dreamscapes is located at 110 S. Rio Grande Street at The Gateway in Downtown Salt Lake City.
A project of the Utah Arts Alliance, Dreamscapes is not your typical museum. Visitors are invited to enter a world of pure re imagination, where immersive physical and digital artworks take you on an ethereal journey through colorful vignettes. Dreamscapes manifests the surreal nature of the subconscious in a 14,000 square foot labyrinth suitable for all ages. Created by more than 100 Utah artists, builders, and volunteers working with reclaimed materials donated by local partners, Dreamscapes is Utah’s first environmentally-sustainable immersive attraction.
“We are excited to welcome everyone back to this magical place, share our new works and continue to expand the way people experience and participate with art,” says Derek Dyer, Executive Director of Utah Arts Alliance and Dreamscapes. The safety of the public and staff is our top priority. New installations have been designed to mitigate contact points, and the following procedures are in place as we reopen to the public:
● Purchase tickets in advance for your desired time slot: https://www.showclix.com/event/dreamscapesslc-org
● Entry is limited to 20 persons per time slot for our 14,000 square foot space. Household groups will be separated within each time slot.
● Guests and staff are required to wear face masks while in Dreamscapes. If you do not have one, Dreamscapes will have masks for sale.● Maintain a social distance of at least six feet from others while visiting Dreamscapes.
● Sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the attraction,with support from the Salt Palace Convention Center and Five Wives Vodka.
● Do NOT come to Dreamscapes if you are sick or exhibiting any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, chills, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle pain or new loss of taste or smell.
● Group areas will be sanitized between each time slot and a CDC-approved germicide will be used daily throughout the entire space.
In partnership with the Gateway, Dreamscapes announces the DIne and Dream Promotion. Present a valid receipt of $20 or more from a Gateway
restaurant or the Megaplex Theatre at the Dreamscapes Box Office to receive $5 off of your first two tickets. Subject to capacity limits. Annual memberships are now available for individuals, duos and families. Memberships include free admission to Dreamscapes for one year, presale access to Dreamscapes live performances, invitations to new exhibit preview parties and custom Dreamscapes swag. Memberships are a wonderful way to engage with this ever-evolving attraction.
Dreamscapes is a project of the Utah Arts Alliance, a Utah nonprofit with a mission to foster the arts in all forms in order to create an aware, empowered,
and connected community. Utah Arts Alliance is a TIer 1 ZAP organization that manages artist spaces and galleries, produces festivals, organizes events that create opportunities for established and emerging artists and runs KUAA 99.9FM, a multilingual, cultural public radio station.