This October 31st, Park City are trialling a new option for dogs to ride city busses – with a responsible owner of course. A release for the test run event notes the following rules to be aware of:
- Service animals and well-behaved dogs welcome.
- Other pets only permitted if kept inside a pet carrier at all times.
- Only one licensed and vaccinated dog per owner.
- Dogs must remain on a maximum 6-foot leash.
- Dogs must remain on the floor and out of the aisle, or on owners’ laps.
- For safety reasons, drivers reserve the right to limit the number of dogs on buses.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted.
- Dog owners have sole responsibility for their dog.
Dog owners who do not comply with the above rules will be asked to vacate the bus, Use the hashtag #BarkCityTransit on Facebook and Twitter to show off your favorite Bark City photos!
For a full list of policies and procedures, visit www.parkcitytransit.org. If you are unable to be in close proximity of dogs, please call 435-640-7819 to make other transit arrangements.