Salt Lake magazine announces its 9th annual Tastemakers event for 2019. The two-day event, this year on June 13 and 14 at The Gateway is a two-day pass to samples and sips from more than 27 of Salt Lake City’s best restaurants, distilleries and bars.
“Tastemakers is the perfect way for food lovers to sample the fare from many restaurants all at once” said Salt Lake magazine Executive Editor Mary Brown Malouf. “For two nights you can taste your way around the city and discover new favorite spots to dine.”
The event offers three ways to discover your favorite bites:
- The Tasting Tour is a self-guided tour of downtown Salt Lake City. Drop into participating restaurants to sample their fare in-between a relaxing stroll around town.
- The Foodie Pavilion at The Gateway features food stations and a beer and wine garden set up around Olympic Fountain where you will enjoy exclusive tastings, outdoor seating, games and live music.
- The VIP Lounge features craft cocktails created by local distilleries and restaurants, in a private tent and indoor space with private restrooms.
The Tasting Tour and Foodie Pavilion at The Gateway are open to all ages, but you must show valid ID to purchase beverages in the beer or wine garden. The VIP Lounge is for guests ages 21 and over only.
- Tasting Pass = $45 — Get access to The Tasting Tour and The Pavilion for both days. Alcohol is not included but can be purchased in restaurants on the Tour and in the beer and wine garden at The Pavilion
- VIP Pass = $85 — Your VIP pass includes general admission as well as access to the VIP Lounge during the entire event with exclusive VIP tastings and craft cocktails + a 5-drink punch pass.
“Tastemakers is one of the city’s top annual culinary events and we’re proud to welcome them back,” says Jacklyn Briggs, marketing director for The Gateway. “It’s a great way to reacquaint yourself with The Gateway and taste delicious bites from some of your favorite restaurants, sip libations from local makers and discover some new finds.”
This year, a portion of the proceeds will go to Utah Foster Care (UFC), a nonprofit that serves Utah’s children by finding, training, and supporting children in foster care. UFC is presenting the annual Utah Chalk Art Festival that will also be at The Gateway starting on Day 2 of Tastemakers 2019.
Foodie Pavilion restaurants
SLC Eatery • Eva’s Bakery • Creminelli • Fav Bistro • Last Course Dessert Studio • Park City Culinary • Rodizio Grill • Rye • Stoneground Kitchen • Texas de Brazil • Tsunami Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Alpine Distilling • Celebrity Cruises Bubbles Bar • Dented Brick Distillery • Harbor Seafood & Steak • Holystone Distilling • Martine • Ruby Snap Cookies • Sugar House Distillery • TF Brewing • The Ruin • Waterpocket Distillery • Sicilia Mia
Tasting Tour Participants
Bar George • Salt & Honey • Spencer’s For Steak and Chops • Squatters Pub Brewery