The Gateway, Utah’s premier downtown destination for dining, entertainment, shopping and home to more than 180 annual community events, presents Movie Night on the Plaza, screening everyone’s favorite classic and pop-culture movies every Wednesday night throughout the summer under the stars.
Family-friendly and free, each movie is presented by one of The Gateway’s numerous dining, shopping and entertainment merchants. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early to participate in the presenting merchants’ giveaways, games and contests. Bring a blanket and to-go food from one of The Gateway’s many restaurants. Popcorn is free and beer will be for sale to those 21 and over (ID required). The plaza opens for seating at 7:30 p.m. and movies begin at sunset.
Attendees can enter to win a full set of DVDs from the Movies on the Plaza series, plus a $100 gift card package by bringing a receipt from one of the stores at The Gateway. The more dining, shopping and fun, the more chances to win, with one entry per receipt.
“Nothing says summer like outdoor movies. It’s a fun date night or family night out, to see your favorite flick in such a fun atmosphere,” said Jacklyn Briggs, marketing director for The Gateway. “The outdoor screen and use of our state-of-the-art Digital Clock Tower make it such a unique experience.”
- June 5 – The Goonies brought to you by Chedda Burger
- June 12 – Hook brought to you by Mystery Escape Room
- June 19 – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze brought to you by California Pizza Kitchen
- June 26 – Spiderman into the Spider-Verse brought to you by Discovery Gateway
- July 3 – Ready Player One brought to you by Virtualities
- July 10 – Ralph Breaks the Internet brought to you by Dave & Buster’s
- July 17 – First Man brought to you by Clark Planetarium
- July 24 – Bohemian Rhapsody brought to you by The Depot
- July 31 – Despicable Me brought to you by Sweet Rolled Tacos
- Aug 7 – The Incredibles 2 brought to you by Salt & Honey
- Aug 14 – 10 Things I Hate About You brought to you by The Store Fine Foods Deli & Market