Salt Lake County, Visit Salt Lake, and SB Dance are co-presenting several events around the TOLERANCE international traveling poster exhibition conceived and organized by renowned designer, Mirko Ilić, and co-produced with Salt Lake City’s Dallas Graham.
The exhibition is a series of 100 posters created by graphic designers around the world focused on the word TOLERANCE. Each artist designed a poster that deals with the aspects of tolerance that are important to the individual or their community.
The TOLERANCE exhibition is making its U.S. debut in Salt Lake City this month and several organizations are sponsoring special events around the theme of tolerance. Salt Lake County, Visit Salt Lake, and SB Dance are hosting a series of interactive events around the TOLERANCE exhibit, from January 26 – February 2. All events will be at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center and most are free and accessible to the public.
“Our events are purposely interactive and accessible to all. We believe providing participants a unique way to interact with the posters will spark interesting conversation,” said Sarah Pearce with the Salt Lake County. “We hope to initiate a community dialogue around tolerance and what that means in Salt Lake and in Utah.”
TOLERANCE Events at the Rose include:
1. Tolerance Poster Exhibit – select posters displayed in a traditional gallery-type format.
2. Tolerance Poster Art Installation – an immersive projection experience in the Leona Wagner Black Box, including all 100 posters.
3. THE BLOCKS Truck – pop-up screen-printing experience. Create and take home a poster-size TOLERANCE print by Utah artist Josh Scheuerman.
4. Sundance Institute’s Creative Tensions on Tolerance – a conversation with your feet to explore what tolerance means to each of us.
5. Drag Plus & Kinky Beasts – two different nights of cabaret variety shows featuring non-mainstream parts of our community.