If you’ve been wondering what it would be like to attend the theater, but you weren’t sure what to expect, during the weeks between Oct. 21 and Nov.17, 2018 is the perfect time to find out. Whether you have never seen live theater, or you just want to try out a company you’ve never visited, you can enter to win free tickets through Free Night of Theater, an event organized by Now Playing Utah to introduce new audiences to the theater.
To enter for the chance to win tickets, visit http://freenight.nowplayingutah.com/ between Sept. 23 and Oct. 7, and register for a profile. Select the top two performances you’d like to see and enter for your chance to win as many as two pairs of tickets to two performances. Winners will be notified by email, win or lose, on Oct. 14 and performances will be held between Oct. 21 – Nov. 17, 2018.
NowPlayingUtah.com has broadened and expanded the Free Night program to a Free “Month” program. Instead of being restricted to selecting a theater performance on one night, now patrons will have a choice of performances during the time period of Oct. 21 – Nov. 17, providing many more patrons the opportunity to try something new and experience some of the finest theater performances the state has to offer.
“We are excited to be able to offer the Free Night of Theater again to open the world of live performance to new audience members in Utah,” said Pat Holmes of NowPlayingUtah.com. “We have some pretty amazing theatre productions this year with 17 generous theaters providing free tickets to 19 different productions”.
2018 FREE NIGHT OF THEATRE LIST OF PRODUCTIONS
- BYU Department of Theatre and Media Arts: The Mousetrap
- Covey Center for the Arts: Angel Street
- Department of Theatre University of Utah: Big Love -and- Julius Caesar
- Desert Star Playhouse: How The Grouch Stole Christmas
- Draper Historic Theatre: The Addams Family
- Hale Centre Theatre: The Scarlet Pimpernel -and- Wait Until Dark
- Hale Center Theater Orem: Anything Goes
- Off Broadway Theatre: Dracula vs. Henry Botter
- Oquirrh Hills Performing Arts Alliance / Empress Theatre: Twelve Angry Jurors
- Pioneer Theatre Company: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
- Pygmalion Theater Company: Tigers Be Still
- Salt Lake Acting Company: The Wolves
- The Grand Theatre: The Rocky Horror Show
- UVU Department of Theatrical Arts for Stage & Screen: Much Ado About Nothing
- Wasatch Theatre Company: Hauntings
- Weber State University Lindquist College Theatre Area: Ruthless!
- Ziegfeld Theater Arts: The Addams Family
For more information on the Free Night//Month program and ticket registration, go to http://freenight.nowplayingutah.com site.